CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Washington DC

Jeremy had a business trip this last week in Washington DC and I was able to join him for the weekend. We had a ton of fun. I had never been to DC and loved every minute of it. The city was beautiful, but more than that it was amazing to see all of our country's history.

















The night before I left I was rushing around trying to get things packed and the kids stuff ready to go to their friends for the weekend. I put the kids to bed and was down stairs getting things in the car, when I came back up to go to bed I found this wonderful note on my bed from my sweet baby girl. Lets just say that it made my heart swell with love and my eyes fill with tears. I am so blessed to be a mom, no other thing in this world could fill me with as much love and joy as my babies do. I miss them terribly while they are not with me, but I love being with my husband.




























One of our first stops was two of the Smithsonian's, we went to the Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum. They were amazing!!! I wish we had more time to visit all of the different ones.



























The dinosaurs were our favorite. It is mind boggling to think that these massive creatures once roamed the earth.

















Leave it to Jeremy to find humor where ever we go.


















National Air and Space Museum














There is nothing like going to the temple. We had a day full of great activites, but there is nothing that even compares to the feelings of going to the temple, it really does put the things of the world into perspective and reminds us why we are here and what is really important in our lives. This was definitely the highlight of our trip. The DC temple is absolutely beautiful, it stood out above all else that we saw!!!!













Arlington Cemetery (If you can make out the words, take time to read the sign.) It was breath taking to see row after row of tomb stones of those who have fought for our country.













Pentagon - On the side of the the Pentagon is the memorial for September 11th, it was touching to see this since it is a day that I will never be able to forget.













I don't think that there could have been a better time to visit DC. With our country in the uproar it is now, it reminded us what a great nation we are blessed to live in. Visiting Arlington and the Pentagon memorial helped put all of the trails we are facing now into perspective. This is a great nation that we live in, with men and women who fight and who have fought for the freedoms we enjoy everyday. So many before us have paved a way for this country to prosper and it will prosper as long as we the American people remember what we stand for and keep believing in this great country.













Lincoln Memorial

















National Cathedral, it was incredible. The architecture of the building and the stone work was beautiful. I loved the stain glass windows.













Jefferson Memorial



















This was the funnest part of our trip. We did a 3 hr Segway tour and it was a blast. Learning to ride only took a little bit of time and then we zoomed through the city on them. The tour was just a bonus, we really did it just to ride the segways. Don't we look just great in our helmets??!!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

You saved the best for last! I'm saving the picture...it will be on your 40th birthday DVD.

Laurie D. said...

Wow am I jealous, for two reasons. First, that you got to get away with your husband sans children. Boy are Joel and I in need of that (even for a night). Second, that you got to go to Washington D.C. I would love to go there some time. I'm glad you had such a great trip.

SARAH said...

Jamie!!!!! We are 40 minutes from the DC Temple and we were even there that Saturday morning!!!! Next time either of you go to DC, come crash here! -Sarah

Vicky said...

Great Granfather is at Arlington Cemetary and Grandma Watkins went to National Cathedial School. Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Love the mural in the Washington Temple after you cross over the bridge.

K.C. said...

It was awsome seeing your pictures. The temple took me back in time when I was a teenager and saw a temple for the very first time. It was breath taking. It still is.

Colette said...

What a fun trip for you guys to get away!! I love DC