CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's Official

Today I spent my first week in the new ward as a pew widow. Jeremy was called to the Bishopric in our ward a couple of weeks ago, but because of General Conference this was the first week of him being on the stand and me alone with 4 kids in the pew. The kids did really great, there were only a couple of times my face turned bright red because of me constantly telling them to lower their voices and not take toys or crayons from each other. I have never been a mom to bring in a stroller to church, but today Brice spent sacrament in the umbrella stroller. He only fussed a little now and then, and it was much easier than attempting to keep him still while trying to control the rest of them from turning our row into a circus. I know Jeremy will do a great job. He is over primary again in this ward and I look forward to serving with him seeing as I was just called today to be a counselor in the primary presidency. I know that this seems like a lot, but we are both really excited. The one thing that we have learned in our lives so far is that where much is given, much is required and we are more than willing to serve where ever it is that our Heavenly Father has need of us, because he has blessed our lives immensely. Jeremy is such a dedicated man that I know the ward will benefit from him being in this calling, I just hope that I can give him the support that he needs, and that I won't be lacking too much in mine. Primary kids can be a hand full, but they are so much fun.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Welcome to the club, although my husband will be at church with me sometimes. I try to always rely on the kindness of others... Good luck and God will bless you!

Vicky said...

Did they split the ward??? I noticed you said, new ward. Daughter like Mother. I did it for 20 years.

meredith said...

Good luck. That's a hard way to be with 4 kids. On the bright side, when they release him in 10 years, it will seem so easy to sit with the kids. :)