CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is this weird or just me?

We recently put up a swing in our back yard from one of our big trees. The kids love it and so do all of the neighborhood kids who come and play. I have gotten use to school aged kids playing out there since we put it up, most come and ask if they can swing, since it is in our yard and is our swing. Something different happened today though, I was fixing the kids lunch and 3 moms brought 7 of there smaller kids to swing. I don't really mind, but I thought it was really weird that they didn't even ask. I can't imagine myself going into someone else's back yard with my kids and playing on their stuff without asking. Is this weird or just me?

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Super weird... I don't know what I would do!

Diane said...

Totally weird. Do you even know the Moms. It would bug me!! Good luck with the Sunday widow mom. You can do it!

meredith said...

Very weird. It is obviously your backyard? There's no way they thought it was a neighborhood park or anything? We've had the same experience but w/o parents. We find kids on the girl's swings and in Lily's playhouse sometimes and usually I ignore it- except the time I found a 2 y/o, then we went looking for her mom.

Jodi said...

You have got to be kidding me! And you wonder where the children learn it from sometimes. I've got the solution...have Clay give you some of his "crime scene" tape while you are home this weekend and you can rope off the yard with it. That will keep them away! You'd probably get away with it at least through Halloween.

Jodi said...

You have got to be kidding me! And you wonder where the children learn it from sometimes. I've got the solution...have Clay give you some of his "crime scene" tape while you are home this weekend and you can rope off the yard with it. That will keep them away! You'd probably get away with it at least through Halloween.

Lori said...

That is wierd! I like Jodi's idea. I too hope you knew the moms, not that that makes it any better.

Vicky said...

I remember having a friend and her children over to spend the day with you children. A mom showed up with her children all in swim suits ready for a day in our lake just 50 feet then from the dinning room windows where we were eating lunch. Some people
"must of had wierd parents to say the least" Time passes but people some times don't change.
Love when the home comes alive with sounds of family. Great to have you home!!! Brice loved the frosting from ear to ear thanks to uncle Tony. All the children are so cute. Each with their own little spirits. In case you are wondering It's "Grandma's House" that Grandpa uses. Ha HA