CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

With four kids it is always an event

I missed the kids so much on our trip away that we went and got them a night early and surprised them by taking them to down town Disney, they loved it, but just like any other outing with four kids nothing is smooth sailing. As soon as we arrived we put our names in at the Rain Forest Cafe and were really excited that it was only going to be a 20min wait (which never happens on a Friday night at 7pm, but I guess having 6 people in our party actually worked in our favor). We decided to walk around a little with the kids while we waited. Thats when we came upon the bench with Pooh and his friends and thought it would be fun to take a picture of the kids with the characters. We got the kids all arranged, got out the camera and realized it was out of batteries. So I went in search of batteries while Jeremy waited with the kids, as I walked back up to them the kids started yelling "Hayden threw up , yuck!! yuck!! mom, it is sooooo gross, whew it stinks", then I see Jeremy holding Hayden at arms length not knowing quite what to do. I ushered him to the bathroom to take care of Hayden, while I choraled the others to stay away from the mess and to inform an employee that there was puke by Pooh. I have never been so glad that I was not prepared and my camera needed batteries in my whole life. Lets just say it was nice seeing the daddy have to deal with something that I have had to do several times over in my time as a mom. The rest of the night was great, we were able to eat and enjoy ourselves. The kids loved looking at the characters and toys. They were able to dress up my little pony and mr. potato head as Disney characters, and play with lots of other toys. We even danced a little in the down town center. It was a great night with just a few little hiccups here and there, but with four kids that is to be expected.







































































































2 comments:

K.C. said...

Happy Birthday- E!

meredith said...

Our girls like the Rain Forest Cafe as well. Our trip was sans the puking though lol. (Though to be fair everyone but me had the stomach flu a week ago. While I'm grateful that Shawn never threw up, his sick card got him out of cleaning the kids messes as well as the cats lol) Anyway, did you try the lettuce rools? They're fabulous!!! What a fun time with your kids.