CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sanication (or my sanity vacation)

I think every mother has moments in there lives where they need a little break for sanity sake, a little time away from the kids to regroup. If you are a mom and have never needed this, than my hat is off to you, because I was in desperate need of one after a fun, but long summer with my babies. My sister Jodi was kind enough to watch the kids for us to escape for a couple of days,so that Jeremy and I could get away. She went from being a working mom of two, to a working mom of six over night. I know she should be appointed for sainthood or at least get a humanitarian award, but I guess just my big THANK YOU will have to do!!!














Jeremy and I enjoyed every minute of our alone time, although I missed my babies from the moment we dropped them off. It is nice to be alone with your spouse to remember why it is that you fell in love, and to remind you that with out them you wouldn't be who you are or have what you have. I am so blessed to have my husband, he is my best friend and although this may sound a little corny I truly believe my soul mate. I don't think there is another person whom I could love as completely as I love him. He makes my heart happy.














The cost of our little get away was a time share tour, we were able to get an awesome rate on a room with some disney tickets in exchange for us sitting through a sales presentation for the resort. As you can see by Jeremy's face it was a total and complete blast (ha ha ha).

2 comments:

K.C. said...

We all need one of these kind of get aways. I'm glad you we able to have this down time. Way to go Aunt Jodi for watching the babies.

meredith said...

Wow- 8 years and you're still sappy- ewwww (Or Lily's favorite when she catches us kissing "OH GROSS!!!!" LOL.
Seriously, it's nice when you can get away without the kids. We did earlier this summer and it was so nice. What's also wonderful is when they are old enough to leave by themselves. We've been doing that for awhile now and it's fabulous not to need a babysitter!!!