CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's















For the first time the kids thought it would be fun to swim in grandma and grandpa's lake. Their cousin Courtney had a sleepover so Jeremy thought he would take them out in the lake for some entertainment. The day started with a trip in the kayak and fishing, before we knew it they were in the lake fully clothed, they loved every minute of it. The highlight for me was watching them tip their dad over out of the boat into the water. I was laughing hysterically (dry in the house) until I had to dry out his wallet and cell phone. Surprisingly his cell phone still works (well kind of, he can at least receive messages and call out). They spent most of the day playing in the water and trying to catch fish. Ashley even succeeded in catching a little one. I can remember swimming and playing in the lake when I was little and I am happy that I was able to watch my kids enjoy the same things that I did., it is like sharing a little piece of my childhood with them.





















2 comments:

Jodi said...

Brings back memories! All you have to do is replace the boat with a raft.

K.C. said...

It is so funny. I was about to write the same thing as Jodi. Yes, swinning in the lake with my brother's and sister's brings back memories. Even Kaylee saying, "see Jamie fishies, fishes..."