CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Swine Flu

A couple of weeks ago my Ethan came home from school sick, and we decided to take him to the doctor just in case, the diagnosis "Swine Flu". Just the words alone freaked me out, then they proceeded to prescribe medication for the two littler boys and myself since we are high risk, and already had coughs. I of course went to the internet to try and find out all that I needed to know, but quickly decided that it was better just to discover as I go than to read all of the info on the internet, because everything said something different. Jeremy was great through the entire weekend and needless to say my house was more sanatized than it has been in a long time. Lysol became our quick friend. As illness goes this one was pretty mild, I guess it can be bad, but in our case it was mild and way better than the stomach flu, strep throat, or any of the other yuck things my kids seem to bring home. The words "Swine Flu" still stress me out, but we are now vacinated so I feel a little more at ease, unless what some of the groups say about getting sick from the vacination is true, then we are all in for it. Oh well!!

1 comments:

meredith said...

Good luck. I have a friend due around Christmas w/ baby #5 and her and 1 of her sons both currently have swine flu. It's funny b/c they are pg w/ their 4th boy- only 1 girl for them as well :)

Take care and rest a lot. As for us, it looks like Shawn has had it and all 3 girls have been vacinated, so it just leaves me feeling a little nervous, but if I haven't got it from my 35 or so preschoolers, I'm probably okay :)