CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life Flies By

It seems like just yesterday I was in High School, then college, getting married and having my first baby. Now that baby is 6 years old and I have three more. Where does the time go? When you are younger you always hear people saying that time flies by much quicker the older you get and it is so true. I look at my kids and it makes me sad to think that before I know it they are going to be on here making blogs of their own. I want them to stay little forever, I want to cherish everyday of them being little, their innocence and excitement for life. I think one way of me helping keep them little is to keep the memories alive, that way I will always have something to look back at as they grow. I will be able to laugh at the stories of them sliding down the stairs on a crib mattress or running down the street in their super hero outfits and I may even be able to bring myself to laugh at the hospital and doctor office visits that come from things as simple as them running into walls. Life gets so crazy sometimes that it is easy to forget to slow down and enjoy the moment. This is my way of enjoying all of our families little moments. I hope you will enjoy sharing in them with us.

4 comments:

SARAH said...

Jamie,
I appreciate your positive outlook on Motherhood. Congratulations on becoming a blogger. I posted for the first time today!
-Sarah Griesmyer

Jodi said...

You are going to cherish that picture of Ashley some day when she is a bride! I love it!

meredith said...

Wow they are getting big. It seems like just yesterday you were getting married to us as well. The "flower girl" dress that Charlie wore almost fits Lily! And, I promise that time just keeps going faster- Charlie is off to middle school this fall and Lily is off to preschool! (And Em is off to 4th grade, not to leave her off as well.....
Congratulations on blogging. We just started blogging as well. It's a tlof of fun and everyone gets to see the pictures you just don't have time to send!!!!

Becky said...

Thank you so much for this. I had a great time looking at it. I loved the fashion show movie. I miss you all so much. I wish we were closer. Please give all a hug from me. I still have great thoughts of going down to see if Ashley was asleep when you lived at RMH. Hi Backy made my day.
Take care and thank you for this it made my night.